Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Love Shouldn't Hurt - Time for Action

I sat with some colleagues today and we had a 1½ hr brain storming session.

I have a game plan and I'm ready to go. There is less than an month left until the provincial elections and there is so much to do.

I need to contact the other "stakeholders" and get them to distribute the information regarding the Friends of Transition Houses Network. I need names from each of those organizations and associations to have as my point of contact.

I am looking at getting together a General Information Meeting for the Friends of Transition House Network, to let people know who we are and what we do. Our purpose, our goal, our vision.

I need to build and expand our network. Get names of people in groups who have like issues. Advocacy groups, awareness groups, women's groups, networks. The more people are talking the more they know what is happening, the more we can as individual constituents question our candidates as they come to our homes to ask for our support in the upcoming election.

There is so much to do, and it seems like so little time. It's time to kick it up a notch...

Friends of Transition Houses Network is on Facebook. Please contact me there or here by e-mailing me at loriwalton@eastlink.ca to let me know you want to be keep in the loop or to find out how you can become involved.

Let's all make this happen... Love shouldn't Hurt... let's make sure there is a safe shelter for women to get out.

No comments: