Thursday, May 28, 2009

Parties Respond

I have received two responses thus far on the letter I sent to the party leaders (see last post).

I have decided to create a link on the right top side of this page with the 3 different parties commitments to funding for Transition Houses.

Please encourage your family, friends, and colleagues who will be voting on June 9th in the Nova Scotia election to take the time to visit this webpage and read the responses from the parties and ask them to take the plight of transition houses in Nova Scotia into consideration when casting their ballots.

All letters I have recieved will be posted by the end of the day Friday May 29th (I need to get access to a scanner for all the Liberals response).

Remember, one vote does make a difference, make an educated vote. Help the women and children in Nova Scotia who need shelter from abuse. Love shouldn't hurt.

1 comment:

Betsy MacDonald said...

Good work Lori. I think that women's voices across the province are being heard, and it's reflected in the leaders' responses. Last night on the CBC debate, I asked the leaders what they planned to do to address the increasing demand on women's services in Nova Scotia, and they all spoke about the importance of transition houses and women's centres and the need to adequately support them. To what extent they will follow through on this remains to be seen, but I think there's hope that the next legislature will be more woman-positive than the one we have now. Keep up the good work!